The Jiangsu Provincial S&T and Finance departments have established an ad hoc programme specifically encouraging Jiangsu-based entities to launch international cooperation activities with foreign partners. Different categories of projects are supported, including:
- Technology development cooperation projects with key countries: supporting joint development or technology transfer of Jiangsu-based enterprises with foreign partners in Israel, Finland, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Germany, France, Australia, South Korea, Japan, and Russia.
- Technology cooperation projects with countries along the Belt and Road: supporting Jiangsu-based international joint research centres/labs (as recognised by MOST or other ministries) to launch win-win technology cooperation with foreign partners based along the countries officially participating in the Belt and Road initiative. * Enterprises can join as minor partners.
- International cooperation projects on technology services: supporting Jiangsu-based technology service agencies to establish joint technology transfer agencies or other S&T service agencies with foreign partners, or Jiangsu-based enterprises to establish overseas R&D centres (labs) through merger/acquisition or foreign direct investment.
* Central and Eastern Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Cyprus; East Asia: Mongolia; ASEAN countries; Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan; West Asia: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Turkey; South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka; Commonwealth of Independent States: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Moldova.
Jiangsu Provincial Department of Science and Technology; Jiangsu Provincial Department of Finance
- Technology development cooperation projects with key countries: Up to 1 million RMB can be granted (up to maximum 50% of the total project’s budget)
- Technology cooperation projects with countries along the Belt and Road: Up to 1 million RMB can be granted (up to maximum 50% of the total project’s budget)
- International cooperation projects on technology services: Up to 700,000 RMB can be granted (up to maximum 50% of the total project’s budget).
- The foreign partner must be a legal entity registered abroad. China-based affiliates of foreign-invested enterprises cannot apply as foreign partners (but can apply from the Chinese side)
- The two partners must already have solid basis for cooperation and exchange, and should have already signed a cooperation agreement which should clearly specific the division of tasks between the partners, and the intended utilization of IPR generated under the project
- Other requirements depending on the category of project for which the application is submitted, as specified in each annual call (link to latest 2018 call below)
Date of publication
31 January 2020
Deadline for submitting applications
25 March 2020
Applicants must receive official endorsement from the district-level or city-level S&T bureaus where they are officially registered (there are limits on the maximum number of applications that can be endorsed by each jurisdiction every year). Online applications are submitted through the Jiangsu S&T Project Management Platform
Original call in Chinese (copy-paste into browser)
- International cooperation