In order to further enhance the role of High- and New-Technology Enterprises (HNTEs) in promoting technology transfer and technology development, the Zhejiang Provincial Department of Science and Technology has launched a programme supporting local HNTEs to establish R&D centres.
- Zhejiang-based HNTE with legal personality
- Possession IPR of the key technologies which show support to the enterprise’s main products. Such rights may be obtained through independent R&D, transfer, donation, mergers and acquisitions, or through exclusive licensing (>5 years)
- Possession of at least 1 invention patent, or at least 4 utility models, copyrights, integrated circuit designs, etc.
- Already recognised as municipal-level R&D Centre (see e.g. “Hangzhou Municipal High-tech R&D Centre, and Ningbo Municipal HNTE R&D Centre).
- R&D expenditure in the previous year accounting to a certain percentage of the sales revenue:
- >6% for revenue > 50 million RMB
- >4% for revenue >50 million RMB, < 200 million RMB
- >3% (or at least 10 million RMB) for revenue > 200 million RMB
- Has successfully transferred at least 9 technology results in the last 3 years
- At least 15 full-time R&D personnel (30 for software enterprises). At least 60% of the total personnel should have a Bachelor’s degree or a mid-level technology/engineering position
- Possession of at least 500 m2 of R&D facilities, with a total R&D asset value exceeding 5 million RMB (1 million RMB for software enterprises)
- Solid operational and financial mechanisms, no negative records
HNTE R&D Centres will receive preferential support when applying to other local funding programmes or to talent attraction preferential mechanisms.
Being recognised as HNTE R&D Centre will also allow the enterprise to apply to other programmes such as the Zhejiang Provincial Enterprise Research Institute (see factsheet in the dedicated link at the end).
Date of publication
20 August 2019
25 September 2019
Applications must be submitted online through the dedicated web portal of the Zhejiang Provincial Department of Science and Technology. Applicants must be endorsed by municipal/level S&T bureaus where they are located.
International participation: opportunities and figures
Around 4% of the 497 newly-approved Zhejiang Provincial HNTE R&D Centres in 2018 belonged to foreign-invested enterprises, including wholly-foreign owned enterprises.
Original call (in Chinese, copy paste in browser)