The Suzhou Overseas Intelligence Soft Recruitment – “Seagull Plan” is a programme specifically designed to recruit foreign talents (including from Hong Kong and Macao SARs) to come to Suzhou-based entities for short-term cooperation projects, including consulting, trainings, etc., without affecting the foreign talent’s relationship with his/her current employer. Cooperation projects in key strategic sectors are encouraged.
The eligibility requirements that the applicant entity must meet are:
- Chinese domestic enterprise, or Sino-foreign JV with Chinese majority;
- The talent should work at least 15 working days in Suzhou, and generally not for more than 3 years.
In case of one or more of the following conditions, foreign talents are not eligible:
- Talents already based in Suzhou;
- Talents who have already received funding under other Suzhou talent attraction programmes.
A subsidy amount to a certain percentage of the talent’s salary will be granted to the hiring entity:
- Salary 50,000 – 100,000 RMB: 20% subsidised
- Salary 100,000 – 200,000 RMB: 25% subsidised
- Salary > 200,000: 30% subsidised
The maximum amount of subsidies that can be received by one single enterprise for each recruited talent is 500,000 RMB.
30,000 to 50,000 RMB of allowance can be granted to each individual talent based on an evaluation of their performance throughout the project duration.
Date of publication
21 August 2019
20 October 2019
Applications must be submitted online by the hiring entity, through the Suzhou Gusu Talent Programme Network. Note: the hiring entity can only be a Chinese domestic entity or a Sino-foreign JV with Chinese majority.
Original call (in Chinese, copy paste in browser)