The Nanjing municipal administration offers rewards to domestic and foreign R&D enterprises and to renowned multinational corporations that relocate to or establish an R&D structure in Nanjing. Rewards to local enterprises which establish overseas R&D structures will also be offered.
Amount of rewards
Up to 30 million RMB (depending on the specific investment amount and scale).
- Established after 1 January 2015, and has not already obtained rewards in the previous years;
- Has a strong commitment and dedication to clear R&D activities and objectives;
- R&D structure with independent legal personality, with total annual R&D spending accounting to at least 40% of the annual income; alternatively, in case of R&D structures without independent legal personality (e.g. R&D departments within enterprises), the R&D spending should account to at least 6% of the sales revenue;
- Total annual R&D spending in the previous year exceeding 20 million RMB;
- Possession of high-level R&D human resources. Foreign-invested R&D structures require long-term foreign experts to be involved in R&D. Total R&D personnel should account to over 50% of the total (for R&D structures with independent legal personality), or to at least 10% of the enterprise’s total workforce (for R&D structures without independent legal personality).
- Possession of solid R&D space and advanced R&D facilities.
Date of publication
15 October 2019
31 October 2019
Applications for rewards are submitted to the district-level departments where the applicant is registered, before being forwarded to the municipal level. Detailed instructions, including application materials to fill, are specified in the official call in Chinese.
Original call (in Chinese, copy paste in browser)