The Pudong New District S&T Development Fund is the key funding programme launched by the Pudong New District People’s Government for science, technology and innovation.
The Fund is divided into several chapters (covering e.g. complementary funding for municipal-level projects, IPR protection, loan subsidies for MSMEs, commercialisation projects, etc.), each publishing individually annual calls for application. One chapter is specifically dedicated to industry-university-research cooperation (产学研合作) within specific sectors.
Research topics and subjects
1. Innovative technological breakthroughs:
Including R&D and application of technologies such as computer vision, semantic speech recognition, natural language processing, biometric recognition, human-machine interaction, robot motion control, perceptual interaction technologies, servo mechanisms, control systems, etc., in key fields such as ultra-high definition video, 5G, manufacturing, medical services, family services, commercial retail, etc.
2. R&D of key components of new energy and intelligent internet-connected vehicles
Including R&D of 811 ternary lithium batteries, silicon carbon anode lithium batteries, high SOC/SOH precision BMS, flat wire drive motors, unified electronic and electrical architecture control units, high power wireless charging piles, wire controlled electric steering / braking systems, proton exchange membrane fuel cell systems, centrifugal air compressors, etc.
- Enterprise with legal personality and taxpayer in Pudong New District;
- The consortium should also include 1 or 2 partners being Shanghai-based universities or research institutes;
- Proposals in line with the research topics and subjects specified in the call for application, should have solid research basis and should feature complementary funding from the consortium;
- Good credit and solid operations;
- Project duration: until 30 September 2021;
- Proposals which have already received funding from other national, municipal or district level programmes are not eligible.
Funding for up to 30% of the project’s total budget (not exceeding 2 million RMB per project).
Date of publication
24 September 2019
10 October 2019
Applications are submitted online through the Pudong New District Enterprise Financing Service Platform.
Original call (in Chinese, copy paste in browser)