National Natural Science Fund
Cross-sectoral in-depth analysis of the immune characteristics of tissues and organs, integrating different types of technologies and platforms (e.g. big data, microbiology, various single cell technologies, new visualisation technologies, nanotechnologies, etc.)
Basic and clinical research on topics relating to the immune characteristics and functions of tissues and organs in high-frequency major diseases in China. In-depth studies of the immunological mechanisms during the development of diseases, based on new clinical research findings, are encouraged.
Study on the interactions and associations of immune characteristics between multiple organs and diseases (e.g. lungs-intestine; brains-intestine; liver-spleen).
Original research based on self-discovered new immune cell subsets, new functional attributes, and new disease mechanisms
N. of projects to be funded
Around 15 projects
Amount of funding
Around 2.5 million RMB per project
- The PI should hold a senior technology position and possess previous experience in implementing basic research projects
- Post Doc researchers are not eligible
- No limits on the maximum number of applications that can be submitted by senior researchers
- The maximum number of partners in one consortium cannot exceed 4
- The PI will have an obligation to attend annual experience- and information-sharing events organised by relevant authorities.
Date of publication
29 April 2019
31 May 2019
- National Natural Science Fund
- Basic research
- Applied research