Total projects to be funded
Specific subjects and topics
Analysis of the key influencing factors relating to longevity, covering the environment, heredity, life style, social behavior, mental psychology, etc; screening of relevant biomarkers; and discussion/validation of their mechanisms and effects.
The research should be based on existing natural population cohorts, longevity or centenarian population cohorts, or on the corresponding scale of longevity population research base in China. The cohort base should exceed 50,000 individuals (at least 20% of which should be elderly over 60).
Amount of funding
Direct funding: 900,000 RMB to 1 million RMB per project
- Previous experience in implementing basic research projects;
- Senior job title or Ph.D. degree;
- Postdocs, ongoing students, or other researchers not affiliated with the host entity that submits the application, are not eligible to apply;
- PIs who in 2019 have already obtained funding from NSFC (regardless of the typology of project), are not eligible to apply;
- Only 1 application can be submitted;
- Project duration: 3 years;
- Projects should abide by the State Council Order No. 2019 become effective in July 2019, stipulating (amongst others) that international scientists collecting genetic resources and using biomaterials from China to:
- Have a Chinese collaborator;
- Share data and patents derived from the collaboration with the Chinese institution;
- Not to share data and patents with other entities (in China or abroad);
- Not to publish data in international journals without MOST’s approval.
Date of publication
20 September 2019
21 October 2019
Original call (in Chinese, copy-paste in browser)
- National Natural Science Fund
- Basic research