Total budget to be allocated
Around 480 million RMB
Total projects to be funded
29 to 58
Specific subjects and topics
Key basic research on health biological mechanisms and health-influencing factors
- Basic research on health biological mechanisms and health-influencing factors
- Basic research on the patterns of health condition changes during the aging processes of Chinese population aging in China (two sub-topics);
- Pre-clinical research on the identification of TCM health status and constitution in the elderly
R&D on active health key technologies and products
- Research on active health service technologies (4 sub-topics);
- Development of active health service products (8 sub-topics).
Research on technologies for the prevention, control and rehabilitation of common diseases affecting the elderly
- Research on technologies for the prevention and control of diseases affecting the elderly (8 sub-topics);
- Research on technologies for the functional rehabilitation in the elderly.
Demonstration and application of active health and aging services
- Rehabilitation aid application/demonstration (3 sub-topics);
- Demonstration of technologies integrating medical treatment and medical care.
General requirements applying to all NKPs (see corresponding section in this page).
Additional requirements for this specific NKP include:
- Consortium leaders must sign a legally-binding agreement for the unconditional and timely submission of all data generated under the project into a platform designed by MOST, for open access by the public both during the implementation of the project, as well as after its conclusion;
- An informed consent form for ethics should be signed for projects involving human bodies;
- Projects involving genetic or animal experiment resources must abide by relevant administrative regulations;
- Project implementation period is 4 years;
- The maximum number of participants in each consortium cannot exceed 6 or 10 (depending on the specific topic), while the maximum number of subtopics for each project should not exceed 4 or 5 (depending on the specific topic).
Date of publication
23 July 2019
24 September 2019
Original call (in Chinese, copy-paste in browser)
Previous call for comments (November 2018)
- National Key R&D Programme
- Applied research