Total budget to be allocated
230 million RMB
Total projects to be funded
Specific subjects and topics
Establishment and dry maintenance of pluripotent stem cells
- Lineage differentiation of pluripotent stem cells and determination of cell fate;
- Transition between interstitial and epithelial state in the regulation of cell fate (*);
- Establishment and regulation of germ-specific stem cells (*).
Functional reconstruction of tissues and organs based on stem cells
- Stem cells mimic embryonic and organ development (*);
- Study on standardised production and quality evaluation of stem cell therapy products.
Efficient preclinical evaluation of stem cells using animal models
- Preclinical study on stem cell therapy for major diseases.
Clinical study of stem cells
- Cell transplantation in the treatment of major diseases of the digestive system or metabolic diseases;
- Cell transplantation in the treatment of major autoimmune diseases;
- Cell transplantation in the treatment of rare disease / monogenic hereditary diseases.
Projects marked with (*) encourage young scientists to be presented as PIs.
General requirements applying to all NKPs (see corresponding section in this page).
Additional requirements for this specific NKP include:
- Project implementation period generally is 5 years;
- Applicants are encouraged to make extensive use of open-sharing large research infrastructures and devices, and to involve State Key Laboratories;
- The project proposal must cover the full chain, from basic research to applied research;
- The maximum number of participants in each consortium cannot exceed 4, while the maximum number of subtopics for each project should not exceed 4;
- Projects should abide by the State Council Order No. 2019 become effective in July 2019, stipulating (amongst others) that international scientists collecting genetic resources and using biomaterials from China to:
- Have a Chinese collaborator;
- Share data and patents derived from the collaboration with the Chinese institution;
- Not to share data and patents with other entities (in China or abroad);
- Not to publish data in international journals without MOST’s approval.
Date of publication
24 September 2019
Deadline for submitting comments
9 October 2019
Comments should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Original call (in Chinese, copy-paste in browser)
- National Key R&D Programme
- Basic research
- Applied research