Ministry of Science and Technology; Ministry of Water Resources; Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development; State Oceanic Administration; etc.
Total budget to be allocated
Around 50 million RMB
Total projects to be funded
Specific subjects and topics
Hydrological cycle evolution of river basins, and national water allocation strategy
1) Research on a development and protection strategy and key technologies for the water resources of the Yangtze river;
2) R&D and application of technologies for the highly-efficient and safe utilisation of the water resources of Mount Changbai (Paektu Mountain).
River governance and water-sediment regulation
1) Typical lake degradation mechanisms and ecological control of endangered ecosystems in Inner Mongolia: Lake Hulun, Ulansuhai Nur, and Dahai Sea
General requirements applying to all NKPs (see corresponding section in this page).
Additional requirements for this specific NKP include:
- Industry-university-research cooperation encouraged;
- Enterprise-led consortia must provide additional funding, at least equaling the central government budget requested;
- The consortium leader has the obligation to promote the conversion and application of research results;
- Project implementation period is 2-3 years;
- The maximum number of participants in each consortium cannot exceed 10, while the maximum number of subtopics for each project should not exceed 5.
Date of publication
24 May 2019
18 July 2019
- National Key R&D Programme
- Applied research