Total budget to be allocated
140 million RMB
Total projects to be funded
Specific subjects and topics
Comprehensive observation of global changes, data assimilation and establishment of big data platforms:
- Three-dimensional observation and inversion of global greenhouse gases in the sky;
- Carbon fingerprint and carbon footprint marking system in typical sea areas;
- Stereoscopic observation and product development of key parameters for global changes in mountain ecosystems.
Research on the facts, key processes and dynamic mechanisms of global changes:
- Study on western Pacific circulation, ENSO variation and climate change prediction in the context of global changes;
- Key factors and physical mechanisms affecting the uncertainty of climate change prediction in monsoon regions worldwide;
- Study on the influence of Asian monsoon pattern changes on carbon cycles.
R&D and prediction of earth system models:
- R&D of global high precision atmospheric chemical models and air pollution control;
- Research on new methods based on the integration of big data and artificial Intelligence.
Global change impact and risk assessment:
- Global changes adaptation mechanisms of artificial forest ecosystems;
- Risk assessment and mapping of regional multi-scale climate extreme events;
- Study on marine deoxidization process and carbon sequestration effect amidst global changes;
- Response to desertification and its effects;
- Changes and their effects on arctic land.
Research on mitigation and adaptation to global changes, and sustainable transformation:
- Research on sustainable transformation models in response to global changes.
General requirements applying to all NKPs (see corresponding section in this page).
Additional requirements for this specific NKP include:
- Project implementation period generally is 5 years;
- Applicants are encouraged to involve State Key Laboratories;
- The project proposal must cover the full chain, from basic research to applied research;
- The maximum number of participants in each consortium cannot exceed 6, while the maximum number of subtopics for each project should not exceed 4;
- All research results and data must be made available publicly and for free for everybody to use, including government agencies.
Date of publication
24 September 2019
Deadline for submitting comments
9 October 2019
Comments should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Original call (in Chinese, copy-paste in browser)
- National Key R&D Programme
- Basic research
- Applied research