On the basis of National Key R&D Programmes, the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science and Technology has launched a series of Provincial-level Key R&D Programmes, supporting R&D in key priority fields.
Research topics and subjects
- Key technologies of quantum key distribution;
- Research on key technologies of single photon atmospheric radar;
- R&D of integrated measurement and control chip based on superconducting electronics;
- Space-ground integrated continuous variable quantum secure communication demonstration networks.
Note: other topics will adopt a ‘directional entrustment’ procedure (i.e. project coordinator already pre-selected and specified in the call text), and will be published at a later stage.
Applicants for Guangdong Provincial Key R&D Programmes must meet the following requirements:
- Enterprises, universities, research institutes, research structures or industrial associations legally established within Guangdong province, with strong conditions and capacities for R&D;
- Entities based in Hong Kong and Macao SARs are encouraged to apply independently or in consortium (as consortium leads);
- Strong and innovative entities based in other regions in China are also welcome to apply and will receive equal treatment, but should partner with at least one Guangdong-based entity. The project activities must also be conducted in Guangdong;
- Enterprises are encouraged to be presented as consortium leads (in this case they should generally be HNTEs or leading enterprises), and should provide additional funding (generally not less than 70% of the total project’s budget). Industry-university-research cooperation encouraged;
- The project for which the application is submitted must be in line with the priority topics and subjects appended to the annual call. Project duration is 3 years;
- The consortium lead and team leader cannot have more than three ongoing provincial- or national-level projects. Absence of negative records.
Amount of funding to be allocated
Direct funding: 20 to 60 million RMB per project (depending on the specific topic)
Date of publication
11 December 2019
Deadline for application
13 January 2020
Applications are submitted online on a dedicated project management platform. Endorsement is required from competent supervisory authorities.
International participation: opportunities and figures
Lists of selected projects are not published online. It is expected however that European entities based in Guangdong, Hong Kong or other parts of China, are equally welcome to apply (either alone or in consortium), as long as they meet the necessary requirements.
- Applied research