On the basis of National Key R&D Programmes, the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science and Technology has launched a series of Provincial-level Key R&D Programmes, supporting R&D in key priority fields.
In 2019, the “New Generation Communication and Networks” Key Programme will support eight key topics under four main areas (1 or 2 projects will be funded for each key topic).
Research topics and subjects
- R&D of equipment for commercial 5G stations;
- R&D of equipment for commercial 5G terminals;
- R&D of indoor distribution systems supporting full-spectrum access for 5G small station;
- R&D of highly-reliable and highly-precise 5G station time synchronisation systems, based on Beidou satellites.
- Research and verification of 6G hot spot candidate technologies;
- Research and verification of new access and transmission technologies.
- Key technologies and verification of space-based information network service system.
Application and demonstration
- Applied research and pilot demonstration of 5G technologies in high-security spots.
Amount of funding to be allocated
Direct project funding, generally starting from 20 million RMB per project (reaching 50 million/project in some cases)
- Enterprises, universities, research institutes, research structures or industrial associations legally established within Guangdong province, with strong conditions and capacities for R&D;
- Entities based in Hong Kong and Macao SARs are encouraged to apply independently or in consortium (as consortium leads). Strong and innovative entities based in other regions in China are also welcome to apply and will receive equal treatment, but should partner with at least one Guangdong-based entity;
- Enterprises are encouraged to be presented as consortium leads (in this case they should generally be HNTEs or leading enterprises), and should provide additional funding (generally not less than 70% of the total project’s budget). Industry-university-research cooperation encouraged;
- The topic for which the application is submitted must be in line with the priority topics and subjects appended to the annual call. Project duration is 3 years;
- The consortium lead and team leader cannot have more than three ongoing provincial- or national-level projects. Absence of negative records;
- Other requirements may apply for individual projects / topics.
Date of publication
29 July 2019
30 August 2019
Applications must be submitted online on the dedicated project management platform. Applications must be endorsed by relevant municipal or county-level S&T administrations.
Original call (in Chinese, copy paste in browser)
- Applied research