On the basis of National Key R&D Programmes, the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science and Technology has launched a series of Provincial-level Key R&D Programmes, supporting R&D in key priority fields.
In 2019, the “New Generation Artificial Intelligence” Key Programme will support nine key topics under three main areas (1 or 2 projects will be funded for each key topic).
Research topics and subjects
R&D of key basic systems
- Computing architecture and verification for autonomous intelligent agents’ awareness and collaboration;
- Research and verification of parallel intelligence based on hybrid enhanced intelligence;
- Self-learning methods and system verification for data intelligent tagging.
Research and application of key technologies
- Research and application of key technologies of human-machine interaction based on cross-media awareness;
- Key technologies of industrial multi-mode intelligent perception systems, and edge cloud cooperative application;
- Research and application of key technologies of network cooperative control, based on cloud convergence;
- R&D of predictive decision control models, and construction of AI open innovation platforms.
Key processing and sensing devices
- Rapidly-customisable intelligent vision processors and system applications
- R&D of high-performance TOF 3D sensors, and application of vision-guided autonomous intelligent systems
Amount of funding to be allocated
Direct project funding, generally starting from 300,000 RMB, up to 20 million RMB per project.
- Enterprises, universities, research institutes, research structures or industrial associations legally established within Guangdong province, with strong conditions and capacities for R&D;
- Entities based in Hong Kong and Macao SARs are encouraged to apply independently or in consortium (as consortium leads). Strong and innovative entities based in other regions in China are also welcome to apply and will receive equal treatment, but should partner with at least one Guangdong-based entity;
- Enterprises are encouraged to be presented as consortium leads (in this case they should generally be HNTEs or leading enterprises), and should provide additional funding (generally not less than 70% of the total project’s budget). Industry-university-research cooperation encouraged;
- The topic for which the application is submitted must be in line with the priority topics and subjects appended to the annual call. Project duration is 3 years;
- The consortium lead and team leader cannot have more than three ongoing provincial- or national-level projects. Absence of negative records;
- Other requirements may apply for individual projects / topics.
Date of publication
29 July 2019
30 August 2019
Applications must be submitted online on the dedicated project management platform. Applications must be endorsed by relevant municipal or county-level S&T administrations.
Original call (in Chinese, copy paste in browser)
- Applied research