On the basis of National Key R&D Programmes, the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science and Technology has launched a series of Provincial-level Key R&D Programmes, supporting R&D in key priority fields.
Calls for comments on draft tenders are being published. A previous call for comments was published at the end of August on a first batch of Provincial Key R&D Programmes. It is expected that the final tenders will be published within the next 2 months on the website of the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science and Technology. Generally, no major differences exist between the draft tender and the final one.
Research topics and subjects
Core and key technologies of intelligent robots
- R&D and industrialisation of human-machine cooperative robots
- R&D and industrialisation of intelligent cooperative driver and control systems for industrial robots
R&D and industrialisation of core components of intelligent robots and equipment
- R&D and industrialisation of high-precision annular worm gear and worm reducer
- R&D and industrialisation of planetary cycloid reducer for precision robots
- R&D and application of high performance, high precision and long-life gear components
R&D and application of key equipment for numerical control processing
- R&D and application of high-speed direct drive and high-precision NC machine tools
- R&D and application of intelligent five-axis precision small gantry NC machine centers
R&D and application of special robots
- R&D of intelligent unmanned tracking boats for new generation submersible trial support
- Intelligent trackless all-position crawling efficient welding robot systems
- R&D, application and demonstration of construction robots based on BIM and AI technologies
Applicants for Guangdong Provincial Key R&D Programmes are
- Enterprises, universities, research institutes, research structures or industrial associations legally established within Guangdong province, with strong conditions and capacities for R&D
- Entities based in Hong Kong and Macao SARs are encouraged to apply independently or in consortium (as consortium leads)
- Strong and innovative entities based in other regions in China are also welcome to apply and will receive equal treatment, but should partner with at least one Guangdong-based entity
- Enterprises are encouraged to be presented as consortium leads (in this case they should generally be HNTEs or leading enterprises), and should provide additional funding (generally not less than 70% of the total project’s budget). Industry-university-research cooperation encouraged
- The project for which the application is submitted must be in line with the priority topics and subjects appended to the annual call. Project duration is 3 years
- The consortium lead and team leader cannot have more than three ongoing provincial- or national-level projects. Absence of negative records
- Other requirements may apply for individual projects / topics
The amount of funding allocated for Guangdong Provincial Key R&D Programmes usually ranges from 300,000 RMB to 20 million RMB per project.
Date of publication
4 September 2019
Deadline for submitting comments
11 September 2019
Comments are sent directly through the announcement page in Chinese (link below).
International participation: opportunities and figures
Lists of selected projects for Guangdong Provincial Key R&D Programmes are not published online. It is expected however that European entities based in Guangdong, Hong Kong or other parts of China, are equally welcome to apply (either alone or in consortium), as long as they meet the necessary requirements.
- Applied research