Similar to National Engineering Technology Research Centres under the national-level Bases and Talents Programme, the Guangdong Provincial Engineering Technology Research Centre is a status given to certain entities in Guangdong with strong conditions and capacities for innovation, dedicated to market- and industry-oriented engineering R&D, verification, application and integration of core technologies in key areas.
Applicants must be enterprises, universities or research structures registered and with independent legal personality in Guangdong province. They must have rich experience and strong capacities for innovation and in implementing engineering-scale development. In addition:
- Scale: If the applicant is an enterprise, the annual operational revenue in the previous year must have exceeded 20 million RMB, at least 3% of which should have been spent on R&D; If the applicant is a university or a research structure, the total R&D expenditure in the field in the past 3 years must have exceeded 5 million RMB;
- Assets: Good conditions for innovation, with the total asset value of relevant instruments, equipment, devices and facilities exceeding 3 million RMB;
- Scientific results: possession of at least 5 patents, software, copyrights, standards, etc., achieved through indigenous innovation. Universities and research structures must have generated at least 3 achievements in cooperation with universities;
- Talents and team: at least 10 full-time S&T employees, 50% of which should have Bachelor’s degree or mid-level job title;
- Priority may be granted to entities based in North-western Guangdong province.
Guangdong Provincial Engineering Technology Research Centres will become key components of the local sci-tech innovation ecosystem, and as such will receive strong support from local authorities when applying to other provincial- or national-level funding programmes.
Date of publication
16 August 2019
20 September 2019
Applications must first be reviewed by municipal or county-level S&T bureaus, before being submitted to the provincial administration.
International participation: opportunities and figures
Hundreds of new Guangdong Provincial Engineering Technology Research Centres are approved every year. Evidence of international entities was identified in 2018 (including Western or Japanese wholly foreign-owned enterprises), around 3% of the total.
Original call (in Chinese, copy paste in browser)
- Applied research