On 20 June 2019, the Jiangsu Provincial Department of Science and Technology released the Several Policies for Promoting the High-quality Development of High- and New-Technology Enterprises in Jiangsu province (Su Zheng Fa  No. 41). The document outlines a total of 15 supporting policies that the provincial administration will implement to support the development of High- and New-Technology Enterprises (HNTE) in Jiangsu province. These include:
- Nurturing of HNTEs:
- Expansion of financial support for prospecting HNTEs: the provincial government will increase the budget for supporting enterprises which have the potential of applying to HNTE status; municipal governments will be encouraged to support ad hoc funds to support R&D activities of local enterprises. Up to 300,000 RMB will be granted to enterprises which are admitted into the Provincial HNTE Cultivation Pool.
- Establishment of a contribution compensation mechanism: rewards and compensations will be granted to enterprises in the Provincial HNTE Cultivation Pool according to socio-economic their contributions to socio-economic development.
- Pre-tax deductions for R&D expenditure: in addition to national tax deductions for the R&D expenditure of tech-based SMEs, additional rewards will be granted (amounting to 25% of R&D pre-tax deduction).
- Provincial-level funding programmes will grant priority to enterprises which have won competitions such as “Jiangsu Entrepreneurship”. Compensations will be granted to talented entrepreneurs even if their start-ups have failed.
- Increasing the R&D capacities of HNTEs:
- Encourage HNTEs to establish high-level R&D centres: significant subsidies will be granted to local HNTEs recognised with major national-level R&D statuses, such as National Technology Innovation Centre, National Engineering Research Laboratory, National Enterprise Technology Centre, etc.
- Increase the involvement of HNTEs in key projects for R&D of core technologies: at least 70% of provincial-level projects focusing on R&D of core technologies must be led by HNTEs. Subsidies granted to advanced technology transfer projects introduced by HNTEs in Jiangsu (up to 10% of the contract value).
- HNTEs will have priority when applying to provincial-level talent attraction programmes (e.g. Jiangsu “Mass Innovation and Entrepreneurship” Talent Programme)
- Expand financing channels and other services for HNTEs:
- HNTEs will receive particularly support and priority when applying to loans, financial products, S&T Innovation Vouchers, etc.
- Fast tracks and rewards for stock market listing
- Patent applicants from HNTEs will receive a fast track examination and approval